Working with 16mm film is an integral part of my practice, so I am offering my technical knowledge and experience to the next generation of filmmakers.
My workshop will cover the following:
- Loading and unloading the Bolex H16 camera
- Technical specifications of the camera such as frame rates, variable shutter, and their effect on the image
- Film emulsions and their differences
- How to use a light meter - How to measure light correctly (interior/exterior scenarios)
- Lens focussing & options
- Post production workflow, such as how to film out a Kodak Spec Sheet correctly
- Useful tips in the field - Safe practice
Not only is this a technical & practical course, but a creative one. As each student will come to the course with an idea of how to use the format, each will be given bespoke tutoring for their specific needs and/or project.
This course is designed for undergraduate level and above, 1-6 students, and can run between 1-2 hours total.
By the end of the course, each student will be capable of safely and correctly operating the Bolex H16 cine camera, leaving with a PDF outlining the course details.